Scell-it UK always test non-ETA through bolts and even provide an on-site testing service for Thorough bolt anchors for customers.
This is achieved with the use of the latest ‘Staht’ pull-tester. This inexpensive tool is available to buy and provides indisputable digital proof of the holding force of an anchor.
- After anchor is installed – if sufficient thread is exposed, screw on the correct sized threaded button adaptor. Unscrew the nut and washer if more thread is required. (see fig. A)
- Ensure the pull test unit is charged up and set up above the fixing. Use the socket wrench to rotate the Hex Drive counter-clockwise until the Hex Drive mark (#) is visible. Set the adaptor jaw around the threaded adaptor (see fig. B).
- Pull test is set up on the tester app (fig. C) and pull-test is commenced by winding up the handle.
- Pressure is applied to the anchor manufacturer’s recommended load and time. This is recorded and indicated by the unit screen and the app (fig D).
- When finished, pressure is released and pull test unit removed. Retighten the bolt if testing has loosened it slightly.
- Tester app will generate a digitally signed report to confirm a PASS or FAIL.
This is a basic description of a pull test that can be performed on-site and to be used as an overview guide only. For more in-depth instruction or more details – please consult the information pages of Staht Testers.
For more information or advice call scell-it UK on 0330 010 1650.